True Statements About Love
Some statements about love which I think are true:
(Not necessarily in order of importance)
- Love is not a feeling, but love has feelings.
- A person who loves often feels the feelings of the person he or she loves, although they might not be recognizable as such.
- You cannot love if you reject the love of others.
- You cannot love yourself or others if you reject the love of others or yourself.
- You cannot love other people if you do not love God.
- You cannot love God if you don’t think He loves you.
- You cannot love others if God doesn’t love you.
- Love says, it’s good that you exist.
- Love says, it’s good that I exist.
- Love comes from God.
- God is love.
- God loves you.
- A person who loves should believe there is love in the heart of the loved one.
- We cannot live without love.
- We want and need to be loved.
- We want to be loved, in particular, by the people we love.
- We cannot make anyone (or everyone) love us.
- Love is a commandment of God.
- When someone loves us we tend to feel ashamed.
- When we are ashamed we often do things that don’t look like love.
is often hidden under other things like self-righteousness and fear.
When we clear away those things the love remains and appears.
- Love moves toward people. [Paul Miller]
- Love doesn’t leave people alone. [Miller]
Here is something else I have been thinking about that is worth exploring:
Love is like light. As per theories of relativity and quantum mechanics, it has properties of a wave and a particle.
Spirit of Prayer
My Home Page
Some of my Pages:
See my Weblog for my latest news.
Get in touch with me.
Essays and Stories
Huge Family Album
My Music Page
My Life Story
Carl Sandburg's Rootabaga Stories
Still Other Web Pages
Old Christmas Card Collection Online
My Web Sites:
Camp Hunt Memories
Spirit of Prayer
Spirit of Love
Yaden for LAS Alumni
Other Web Sites:
F.M. Perry Home Page
The Day Ministry
Mary Jane's Crochet
See our other sites:
Spirit of PrayerThe DayThe WeaversFaith Hope Love